Starting the RPH26E (Warm Start)
Use the following procedure to start a warm engine (i.e. RPH26E has already been run and the engine is still warm).
1. Add the correct fuel mixture (as described in Part 1).
2. Switch on the engine by placing the engine switch to the “I” position.
3. Slowly press the primer bulb 10 times (a small amount of fuel should now be visible in the primer bulb).
4. Set the choke lever to the RUN position (GREEN).
5. Squeeze the throttle levers fully.
6. Pull the starter grip (cord) several times until the engine starts.
Starting the RPH26E (Flooded Engine)
The following procedure can be used to start a flooded engine (i.e. the starter cord has been pulled too many times on full choke).
1. Switch the engine OFF by placing the engine switch to the “O” position.
2. Set the choke lever to the RUN position (GREEN).
3. Squeeze the throttle levers fully.
4. Pull the starter grip (cord) six times (this will help to clear excess fuel from the engine) .
5. Now use the Warm Start procedure above to try and start the engine.
If the engine still fails to start, follow the Troubleshooting procedure on Page 16 of the User Manual (Step 4. Engine is Flooded).